Tuesday 3 July 2012

Motivation needed!

This week I have been very slack and missed opportunities to sweat it out. It has been easy to make excuses to stay indoors. From Zoe's first cold, the chilly weather and just not being organised enough, I have let myself down.

Normally I am chomping at the bit to get going for my workout and it got me thinking about why I might be lacking the extra motivation I normally have...

GOALS!!!!!

I still have not set myself anything to work torwards. Now more than ever I need a reason to seperate myself from my precious girl, to make myself get organised and brave the freezing conditions outside.

I had set myself goals prior to Zoe arriving but they are not important to me anymore. I now need to set myself targets to achieve that:
  1. Are important to me so I stay on track and dont make excuses
  2. Have a set date to be achieved by
  3. Can be measured. I need to know when I have "made it"
I have made the following promises to myself:
  1. First 10km run to be completed on 14th October 2012. Aim for 60min finish
  2. Perform 5 full push ups before Christmas
  3. Learn how to play tennis before summer 2012/13 finishes
  4. Create a workout that is like playtime with Zoe before Christmas (need to wait for some more limb/head control first)
It is out there now and I can not take it back. This is very exciting and hopefully keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment