Friday 20 July 2012

Out smarting myself

If there was an event at the Olympics for making excuses not to train, I would get the gold medal! I have wonderful intentions but if I am having an off day, I know deep down it won't happen.

I have set some things in motion to make sure stuff happens:

  • Daily text message - My beautiful friend Erin and I exchange text messages at the end of the day to state what exercise was done for the day, if we ate well and what we plan to do tomorrow.
Do not underestimate ACCOUNTABILITY
  • Workout with friends - I know that at certain times I have people that are expecting me for a workout. Not only do I get a great sweat up but it is great hanging out with great people who share my health goals and are there to kick my arse if I need it.
Do not underestimate SUPPORT
  • Plan B - I know shit happens. Zoe might have a bad day, Trent might be late from work, it might rain etc etc. I need to have an option ready in case of emergency. I have little circuit ideas that I can do around the house. I'll blog these soon. I do not like sending Erin a text message telling her I have done nothing.
Do not underestimate PREPERATION

So far these are working for me and I am feeling better about reaching my goals I set out earlier.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving our daily msgs! Not only do I get a lil msg from you but your right...it makes me accountable for what I have done for the day!

    P.S I get to see you this week!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete