Wednesday 10 October 2012

Did I order a wake up call?

I just love how the universe always gives you a gentle reminder/kick up the butt whenever you think you are geting on top of things. Just a little something to bring you back to earth. Nobody likes swollen ego's now do they.

I had my swift kick the other day. I have been running most days with the pram, walking everyday and strength training once a week. My times were getting faster and I can now do 4 push ups on my toes. I was totally awesome! Two of my fabulous friends Claire and Rhi asked me to go for a walk instead of our weekly group PT (which I look forward to all week). This was my chance to show off my new found endurance and speed ... It worked beautifully in my head but the reality was vastly different. We took off and I was doing great. Then the girls really got going, they were walking at a speed that had my shins burning, sweat pouring out of me and huffing and puffing to the point where if I tried to keep up conversation I would have passed out! Meanwhile Claire and Rhi are gliding along having a great yap. At some stages I had to run just to keep up with them!

Now my daily walks are not strolls. I always push myself. But now I have my eyes open to a new kind speed that I have to admit I am practising for my next walk with the girls.

MY NEW GOAL! I will be able to keep up and add to the conversation at the same time. I know Claire will keep me accountable.

Thanks to my fab friends for the weekly workouts and for helping me to up my game!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment