Saturday 13 October 2012

Working with what you've got

So one of my goals was to do a 10km run by this weekend AND do it in 60mins. This is the best time I got pre-Zoe. Hindsight has allowed me to see that I was a little unrealistic but its good to aim high I suppose.

With my Husband in the middle of nightshift and a 16 day straight stint I was not about to leave him with a teething 5 month old. So I load Zoe in the pram with the intention of completing 10kms. Again being a little hard on myself. I have not run more than 3.5km with the pram prior to this run. I finally realise this about 3kms in, I decide that I will be happy with 6kms.

WELL ... after loads of sweat, tears (both Zoe and I) and even dry retching I finished the 6kms in 43:37mins at an average speed of 7:16min per km. Not amazing but I finished and that is the main thing. Its hard pushing a 7kg baby around!

I did not reach my intended goal by my deadline and thats ok. Had it not been for that orginal goal I would not be running on a regular basis. I certainly would not have made myself take off on that run today. So I am very happy and proud of myself.

Now to re-assess and set a new running goal. One I might be able to obtain this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment