Wednesday 24 October 2012

Mind games

A couple of posts back I wrote about my recent rise from a hazy, negative fog. I felt the need to update you all on how I am progressing now I am a happier person. AMAZING!

I went from never wanting to do anything and sitting around the house to a workout maniac. The only difference is my mindset.

A little example for you ... My fitness machine husband had signed up for around the bay in a day (which he smashed by the way) and planned a big bike ride one morning, he then was going to work that afternoon. It didn't appear I was going to fit a workout in. I decided if the opportunity for any kind of workout came up I would take it and run. I was dressed in my workout gear just in case. By the end of the day I had gone for 2x 1hr walks, 1x weight session at the gym and a 3.8km run, I was stuffed!

A day like that should not happen all the time, it was a bit much. I have now learnt to pay attention to my activities and stop myself from doing too much.

The overall point I wanted to make is that previously I would have resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't getting a workout in and been miserable.

Be open to all opportunities that come your way instead of throwing your hands in the air because it all seems to hard. You will amaze yourself at what you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment